AWS Technical Essentials (AWS ESS)
Attendees will learn how to recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform.
Individuals responsible for articulating the technical benefits of AWS services to customers or who are interested in simply learning how to get started with using AWS.
SysOps Administrators, Solution Architects, and developers interested in utilizing AWS services.
Attendees will learn how to recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform. How to differentiate between the AWS storage options and how to create an Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) bucket. How to recognize AWS Compute and Networking options and use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS).
To be able to describe Managed Services and Database Options plus how to Identify Deployment and Management options.
Module 1: Introduction & History to AWS
- Navigate the AWS Management Console
- Recognize AWS Global Infrastructure
- Describe the security measures AWS provides
Module 2: AWS Storage & Content Delivery
- Identify key AWS storage options
- Describe Amazon EBS
- Create an Amazon S3 bucket and manage associated objects
Module 3: Compute Services & Networking
- Identify the different AWS compute and networking options
- Describe an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Create an Amazon EC2 instance
- Verify how to use Amazon EBS
Module 4: AWS Managed Services & Database
- Describe Amazon DynamoDB
- Verify key aspects of Amazon RDS
- Execute an Amazon RDS drive application
Module 5: Deployment and Management
- Identify AWS CloudFormation
- Describe Amazon CloudWatch metrics and alarms
- Describe Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM)
There are no prerequisites for this course.